A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.5.6) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes important updates to both our free DesktopServer Limited and DesktopServer Premium version.
For new installations, please follow the “Install and Upgrade Steps” section on the Installing DesktopServer page.
This version (3.5.6) includes the following updates:
- New Support for BackUp WordPress .zip file format.
- New Support for BackWP Up .zip file format.
- Fixes delay with keyboard shortcuts (select-all, copy, cut, paste) on OS X.
- Fixes mis-interpreted domain name when export/copying WordPress Multisite.
- Fixes “UnsupportedFormatException – path…invalid” error on startup.
- Fixes DirectDeploy caching issue when doing back to back deploys.
- Fixes omitting .git and .svn folders on export and deployment.
- Fixes UTF8 issue on Duplicator file imports.
- Faster DirectDeploy omits redundant compression on compressed files.
- Increased DirectDeploy compatibility with memory meager hosts.
As the Founder of ServerPress, LLC and creator of DesktopServer, Stephen J. Carnam continues to invent new ways to improve developer Workflow through technology. As a huge Advocate of Open Source Software, he promotes Creativity, Community and Collaboration.