A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.5.3) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes important updates to both our free DesktopServer Limited and DesktopServer Premium version.
Please follow the “Install and Upgrade Steps” section on the Installing DesktopServer page.
This version (3.5.3) includes the following updates:
- Fixes “XAMPP domain error 1” on some Macintosh systems with permissions issues.
- Fixes crashing on Duplicator imports with German character set in filenames.
- Fixes database failure importing BackupBuddy files when cart66 is present.
- Fixes memory leak on Windows resulting in crash during direct deploy.
- Optimizes file transfer compression when using direct deploy.
- Optimizes file transfer speed on both Mac and Windows.
- Scrubbing now includes wp-config.php and .htaccess (in addition to wp-content).
As the Founder of ServerPress, LLC and creator of DesktopServer, Stephen J. Carnam continues to invent new ways to improve developer Workflow through technology. As a huge Advocate of Open Source Software, he promotes Creativity, Community and Collaboration.