Note: Existing users should follow the How to Install DesktopServer’s upgrade instructions to preserve existing websites.
Note: Manual installation will ERASE existing sites and is not recommended.
A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.5.2) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes a new features and an important critical update for Windows users to both our free DesktopServer Limited and DesktopServer Premium version.
Due to installer object caching issues, please ensure that you do not have any older unzipped installer packages (zipped are fine) present on your system before running the installer application.
- Download the ZIP archive for your specific platform (Windows or Macintosh) from your account.
- Unpack the ZIP archive (right-click, Extract All… on Windows) and run (right-click, Open) the Install DesktopServer icon (blue box with green arrow).
- Select the default ‘Upgrade DesktopServer’ followed by the Continue button; DO NOT select “uninstall” (uninstall will delete your existing data).
After upgrade, you must start DesktopServer to turn on Apache and MySQL services.
This version (3.5.2) includes the following updates:
- New direct deployment feature for hosts that support File System Direct.
- Critical fix for Windows for all scrubbing (copy, move, import/export).
- Fixes scrubbing anomaly when export baseDir is a descendant.
- Fixes export to an external drive on Windows systems.
- Scrubbing optimizations for increased accuracy.
As the Founder of ServerPress, LLC and creator of DesktopServer, Stephen J. Carnam continues to invent new ways to improve developer Workflow through technology. As a huge Advocate of Open Source Software, he promotes Creativity, Community and Collaboration.