Note: Existing users should follow the How to Install DesktopServer’s upgrade instructions to preserve existing websites. Note: Manual installation will ERASE existing sites and is not recommended.
A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.5.1) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes important updates and critical fixes to both our free DesktopServer Limited and DesktopServer Premium version.
Due to installer object caching issues, please ensure that you do not have any older unzipped installer packages (zipped are fine) present on your system before running the installer application.
- Download the ZIP archive for your specific platform (Windows or Macintosh) from your account.
- Unpack the ZIP archive (right-click, Extract All… on Windows) and run (right-click, Open) the Install DesktopServer icon (blue box with green arrow).
- Select the default ‘Upgrade DesktopServer’ followed by the Continue button; DO NOT select “uninstall” (uninstall will delete your existing data).
After upgrade, you must start DesktopServer to turn on Apache and MySQL services.
This version (3.5.1) includes the following updates:
- New QuickDeploy script updated for MySQL import format.
- New installer version 1.4.0 fixes missing htdocs issue.
- New updated phpMyAdmin version 3.5.7.
- Fixes error where webOwner attempts to start as root.
- Fixes non-WordPress blueprint Nil Object exception.
- Fixes ownership issues on external drives (OS X).
- Fixes owner/group issues on wp-config.php file.
- Fixes missing QuickDeploy script.
Exporting to an external or secondary drive on Windows based system fails. This will be addressed in the next release.