Note: Existing users should use our update instructions below to preserve existing sites.
A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.3.0) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes critical and important updates to both our free DesktopServer Limited and premium member access DesktopServer version.
- First, you must stop web and database services using DesktopServer’s first option “Stop or restart the web and database services”, followed by “Stop the web and database services”. Once database and web services have stopped, be sure to close the DesktopServer application.
- Download the ZIP archive for your specific platform (Windows or Macintosh) with the ‘Update Only’ option from your account.
- Replace the main application program inside your current server folder by first deleting the existing DesktopServer application file (drag only this single file to the trash):
- For Mac, first drag only the existing “DesktopServer.app” to the trashcan, you maybe prompted for your password. Next, move the new “DesktopServer.app” file and the Update folder to your existing Applications ? XAMPP folder.
- For Windows computers, first delete only the existing “DesktopServer.exe”. Next, move the new “DesktopServer.exe” file and Update folder to your
- Start the new DesktopServer application. This may take a several seconds to start for the first time. You may be prompted to wait for an additional update to be applied which may take several minutes. Once complete, DesktopServer will restart.
This version (3.3.0) includes the following updates:
- New support for Dreamweaver Live Data and Live View modes.
- New support for Dreamweaver site definition files.
- New enable debug services switch with default set to off (enables Wishlist and non-GPL compliant encrypted plugins).
- New MySQL optimizations for Macintosh for improved performance and stability.
- Fixes MySQL thread stack overrun errors on Macintosh when running stored procedures.
- Fixes for security permissions on Mac and allows WordPress to upgrade gracefully.
- Now includes updated WordPress 3.3 core files.
- Now includes updated phpMyAdmin 3.4.9 for both Mac and Windows.
As the Founder of ServerPress, LLC and the Coding Genius behind DesktopServer, Stephen J. Carnam continues to invent new ways to improve developer Workflow through technology. As a huge Advocate of Open Source Software, he promotes Creativity, Community and Collaboration.