Note: Existing users should use our update instructions below to preserve existing sites.
A new version of DesktopServer (version 3.2.8) is now available in our downloads section. This version includes critical and important updates to both our free DesktopServer Limited and premium member access DesktopServer version.
- First, you must stop web and database services using DesktopServer’s first option “Stop or restart the web and database services”, followed by “Stop the web and database services”. Once database and web services have stopped, be sure to close the DesktopServer application.
- Download the ZIP archive for your specific platform (Windows or Macintosh) with the ‘update only’ option from your account.
- Replace the main application program inside your current server folder:
- For Mac computers, first drag the existing “DesktopServer.app” to the trashcan. Next, move the “DesktopServer.app” file to your existing Applications ? XAMPP folder.
- For Windows computers, replace the “DesktopServer.exe” file inside your
This version (3.2.8) includes the following updates:
- New support for importing “BackupBuddy Classic” archives.
- Improved support for importing BackupBuddy 2.0 archives.
- Improved create, import, copy, and export on Macintosh & Windows.
- Native code improvements specific to Windows platform (20% faster).
- Native code improvements specific to Macintosh platform (35% faster).
- Fixes for default Website folder on Macintosh. Original functionality restored.
- Fixes update notification to allow *optional* loading of web browser.
- Fixes for QuickDeploy functionality.
As the Founder of ServerPress, LLC and creator of DesktopServer, Stephen J. Carnam continues to invent new ways to improve developer Workflow through technology. As a huge Advocate of Open Source Software, he promotes Creativity, Community and Collaboration.