skip to Main Content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah Pressler 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

ThinkMakeGive
    Participant

I am working on a Mac (OS X 10.10.5) using XAMPP/Desktop Server while going through a guided tutorial for a WordPress beginner on lynda.com. During one of the courses, we are asked to add and activate Jetpack. Though following that, when I press “Connect to WordPress.Com” I then receive the following message:

Your Jetpack has a glitch. Something went wrong that’s never supposed to happen. Guess you’re just lucky:
    xml_rpc-32700
    Try connecting again
    Error Details: The Jetpack server could not communicate with your site’s XML-RPC URL. Please check to make sure http://www.(mysitename).dev/xmlrpc.php is working properly. It should show ‘XML‑RPC server accepts POST requests only.’ on a line by itself when viewed in a browser and should not have any blank links or extra output anywhere.

Yet, the link to “…dev/xmlrpc.php” it does read as indicated. Not sure what other options may exist. Any suggestions?

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello,

DesktopServer is local and you are behind a firewall that protects you. Jetpack wants to communicate with your local plugin install and cannot.

Jetpack can be set to developer mode: http://jetpack.me/support/development-mode/

Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue or if you need further assistance.

sridhar
    Participant

Hi Gregg,

I have the same question.

Adding define('JETPACK_DEV_DEBUG', true); in wp-config.php did not help.

Any ideas?

Sarah Pressler
      Participant

Hey Sridhar – did you get this resolved? If not, please see the following announcement :

Hi There!

In order to better server all our customers, we are closing our support forums and moving all support requests to our HelpScout support ticket system. We apologize for asking you to take one more extra step, but if you are still needing assistance, please fill out the form on our Contact Page. Your support request will be sent to our HelpScout support desk and our staff will respond as soon as possible.

If you are looking for documentation, all our current docs are HERE and we plan to greatly extend our documentation center over the next couple of months.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for any reason. We will respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

sridhar
    Participant

The version of DS I am using is 3.8.1.

and the OS is OS X El Capitan.

The topic ‘WordPress/Jetpack xml_rpc-32700’ is closed to new replies.