This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Cloud 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Robert Cloud
    Participant

Every time I try to install DesktopServer Limited I get the error that… “It appears you already have a web server running.” I unchecked everything in the sharing panel and still get the error. I have had MAMP installed previously, but have uninstalled it. I performed a Spotlight search and there are some MAMP files found. I’m not sure if it is safe to delete them or not. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Robert,

Thank you for writing us. I’m sorry to hear this.

If you visit http://localhost what do you see? Could you send us a screenshot?

Robert Cloud
    Participant

That’s odd.

Robert Cloud
    Participant

So, should I go into Terminal and stop Apache and try again to install. In 10.9.5 “Web Sharing” is not available, so you can’t stop it from System Preferences -> Sharing.

Robert Cloud
    Participant

That did it. Go to Terminal and type in “sudo apachectl stop” press return. Enter your password and press return. Installed fine. Mavericks defaults with Apache running and there is no way to turn it off in System Preferences. There’s an option to click “Internet Sharing” which is quite confusing.

The topic ‘Web Server Already Running’ is closed to new replies.