Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gregg Franklin 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Vayu Robins
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan, but this option was not available.
    Since I upgraded to DesktopServer 3.8.0, there has been several major problems, but one of them that I don’t know how to resolve, is the fact that local server is running extremely slow. Often it takes up to a minutes or more to load the WP admin and often, when updating a plugin, the browser just times out. This occurs especially in Chrome.
    I have about 100 sites locally and am thinking this might be the problem, but then again I don’t know.
    Also when I open the Sites overview page, the page takes about a half minute or more to load.
    I did not have these problems in previous versions. Is there anything I can do?

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Vayu,

Thank you for writing us​​. I’m sorry to hear this. This is odd. Can you go into DesktopServer and turn on the airplane mode plugin, and then go to one of your local sites and turn it on. Does this help speed up the dashboard? (This will not help with updates)

http://docs.serverpress.com/category/69-airplane-mode

Vayu Robins
    Participant

Hi Gregg.
    Thanks for replying! 🙂
    I have now tested like described, but unfortunately it did not help.
    It’s gotten to a point where I am starting to look for another way of developing locally, cause it’s so frustrating to spend so much time waiting for page load. However, I really would like to continue with DesktopServer and hope there is something there can be done. 🙂

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Vayu,

Are you running any third party antivirus? Any VPN software? This slowness is caused by something on your system. I would also suggest downloading the current version 3.8.1

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.