DesktopServer – Create locally installed WordPress Websites Forums Public Discussions Updating DesktopServer deleted existing sites in htdocs + phpMyAdmin error

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gregg Franklin 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Neesha Anderson
    Participant

Hi,

I just updated to DesktopServer 3.8. When I ran the exe, I chose update and NOT uninstall. However, upon updating and visiting the C:/xampplite/htdocs folder (where I previously had several websites), the sites are all removed.

I tried to visit phpMyAdmin to see if the databases where still there but I only receive the error message: “You should upgrade to MySQL 5.5.0 or later.”

Is there any chance to recover my dev site folders? Also, what way do you recommend to upgrade MySQL?

Thanks.

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Neesha,

Thank you for writing us. I’m sorry to hear this. Do you have a backup of your computer? We do not recommend you keep your website inside the /xampplite folder, by default it is /documents/websites.

DesktopServer 3.8 now has MySQL 5.6.24

If you do have a backup I can get you backup and running. Contact us through our support: https://serverpress.com/contact/

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.