This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Baum 1 year ago.

• Author

Having a strange issue with DesktopServer … its only a recent issue also, I have used the application successfully for the last 12 months.

Due to hosting restrictions, we find more often than no we are using the quick deploy method at go live stage … and as stated above we have used this method on many a site.

We went to go live with another site over the last few days and Desktop server is creating a new folder within the public folder …

As you can see with the attached image, we only have WordPress installed within root folder, we upload the exported site zip file along with the quick-deploy.php file, yet when we run quick deploy .. ServerPress is creating a new folder instead of over witting current files …

Can you advise please ….

Many thanks,

Gregg Franklin

Are you a premium member? The current version is 3.8

We would like to do an assisted deployment which would give us an opportunity to review the archive and to see if there is an issue with the host.

For assisted deployment, please create a website archive to privately upload to our server

Use DesktopServer’s last option to “Import, export or share…”, followed by “Export or deploy…”.
    Select your website project from the drop down combo box, “From Website”.
    Ensure that the option is set to “Export to a website archive”.

You you do not need to supply any additional information. Skip filling out any additional fields and just click “next” until a zip file is produced. You may then upload the created zip file via our website at:

Please note that there is a 300MB limit on the upload page. If your .zip archive is larger than 300MB, you may wish to use a third-party service, such as to send us the file. Dropbox requests can be sent to our email ( In lieu of or our upload page, you may send us a URL to obtain the file.

Mary Baum

Had this same issue – turned out for me that when I entered the server data I used the domain as the root.

I had been getting an error that Direct Deploy wasn’t seeing the xmlrpc.php file, which was true, since either:

1. I had enhanced security turned on for the domain at the host.

2. I was having trouble getting the site to use the password LastPass had assigned.

I finally chose my own password, having turned off the enhanced-security feature.

Now, suddenly, DTS is transferring files to the site.

Waiting for the next error …

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.