skip to Main Content

DesktopServer – Create locally installed WordPress Websites Forums Public Discussions development website folder not found, sites button greyed out

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joseph Baker
      Participant

I recently “refreshed” Windows 10. It re-installed Windows, but did not erase my personal files, such as my “Websites” folder for DesktopServer. However, it did erase all my applications. I had to re-install Desktop Server.

Now that everything is re-installed, when I open DesktopServer, it starts ok. It finds “localhost”. But when I go to “localhost”, no development websites are listed.
      I have not changed my file structure. I still have one development website in the default location:
      C:\Users\joe\Documents\Websites
      I don’t understand why DesktopServer doesn’t see that I have a development website where it should be.
      Even when I go to localhost->Tools->PHPMyAdmin the database for my website is still there.
      Also, the “Sites” button on DesktopServer is greyed out, as if there are no sites.

Gregg
      Keymaster

Hello Joseph,

DesktopServer is made of three components, the /xampplite folder (containing the application and the databases), the folder where you selected to have all your websites files stored and the preferences file.

If you have a backup you can restore the preferences file. Learn more about it: http://docs.serverpress.com/article/84-how-to-open-the-desktopserver-preferences-file

Joseph Baker
      Participant

I don’t have a backup. Is there anyway I can change the preferences file so it can find my website folder?

The preferences file looks like this
      {
      “version”:”3.8.0″,
      “edition”:”Limited”,
      “webOwner”:””,
      “dbUser”:”root”,
      “dbPass”:””,
      “browser”:”Chrome”,
      “tld”:”.dev”,
      “ds-plugins”:{},
      “desktop”:”C:\\Users\\joe\\Desktop”,
      “documents”:”C:\\Users\\joe\\DOCUME~1\\Websites”,
      “sites”:{}
      }

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.