This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gregg Franklin 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

G Gibboney

2 of 3 of my local .dev sites are suddenly giving me database error messages. It started on the WP dashboard by telling me I need to repair the database. I logged out of admin and now have completely lost access. I dont see the admin login screen, just a connection error message. The remote (main) sites are fine.

Not sure if this a WP issue or a Desktop Server issue. Please let me know if you can help.

Gregg Franklin

Thank you for the email and we are sorry that this is happening to you. We have discovered that in some instances, due to the MySQL upgrade, the wp_options table can get locked and rendered seemingly unusable. Fortunately, we do have a fix.

1. Stop all DesktopServer services and close down DesktopServer
    2. Run the MySQL upgrade script ( found here:
    3. Restart DesktopServer

Please find a plugin called InnoDB Autoconvert( Extract the directory and rename to innodb-autoconvert and place it in your Applications/Xampp/ds-plugins directory. Restart DesktopServer and you’ll notice that the InnoDB Autoconvert is now an available plugin. Enable this and then, from the main menu, select the “copy” option and copy the problematic website to a new instance. The InnoDB Autoconvert will update the tables properly and you should have a working website.

All sites should now be functioning.

Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue or if you need further assistance.

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.