This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Renee 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Renee
    Participant

I have rebooted my computer, gone in and turned on DesktopServer, the I click on “Sites” which opens up in my browers but when I try to click on my site I get a Database Error page which says “Error establishing database connection”.

When I try to open my Dashboard I also get an error page which sayd “Error establishing a database connection”.

I have gone into my Windows Task Manager and checked the active processes for all users – The Apache web server (httpd.exe) shows but I can’t see any MySQL database server running (mysqld.exe).

Would this be the problem and how do I fix, or otherwise what would be causing these problems.

thanks

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Renee,

Thank you for writing us. I’m sorry to hear this. Yes the error you are getting can be caused if the MySQL server is not running.

This could be related to third party antivirus applications. Unfortunately, non-OEM and non-Microsoft approved antivirus can create this problem by permanently altering your OS in an effort to “protect you”. DesktopServer is designed to run on OEM Windows and expects all standard components to be present and uninhibited. In some cases, the anti-virus manufacturer will include an “off switch” to restore original functionality. In other cases, the changes are permanent, even after uninstallation. Please let us know of any third party antivirus applications or anti-malware applications you may have installed (or uninstalled in the lifetime of your system).

Are you running any third party antivirus applications?

Renee
    Participant

I’m running AVG is that a third party antivirus?

Renee
    Participant

Is there anyone that can help me with this. I have spent many hours building a website and now don’t know what to do.

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Renee,

Please try the following steps.
    Open DesktopServer
    Select the first option “Stop or restart the web and database services.” Next >
    Select “Restart the web and database services.” Next >
    Next >

Visit https://localhost and then the site

Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue or if you need further assistance.

Renee
    Participant

Hi Gregg,
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this hasn’t fixed the problem.

Renee
    Participant

I have spent so much time building a website and then so much time trying to resolve this problem. If I knew upgrading to premium service would help then I would do it but I am getting so little support I just don’t know what to do.

MySQL won’t seem to work. I don’t know enough about this kind of thing to know why.

It was suggested above that non-Microsoft antivirus software may have caused an issue. I have advised I am running AVG (AVG Internet Security) but I don’t know if this is the problem or if it is the problem how to go about fixing it.

I have tried to create a website archive manually so that I can copy my website onto another computer but I can’t do this as I can’t open http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin – which I think is because MySQL server won’t run on my computer????

If I upgrade to the premium service and try to export my website will this also fail to work because MySQL server won’t run????

I am so lost for a way to sort this out.

Can anyone please help me.

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.