This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Renee 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Can someone PLEASE help me copy or move my local website to another computer. Due to errors I can’t open my local website on my current computer.

Do I use one of these processes??
    Creating a Website Archive Manually
    How to move a local website

And then HOW do I put in on my new computer??

I do not have premium service and I would really really appreciate some assistance.

Gregg Franklin

Yes, you can use Creating a Website Archive Manually.

At the end of those instructions it says you can “import back into DesktopServer using DesktopServer Premium’s Import option”.

How do I use the zip file created by these instructions to copy my website onto another computer without premium service??

Are there any instructions for this, or can someone please provide me with instructions?

I have tried to create a website archive manually but I cannot open in my web browser.

I get an Access denied error message:
    MySQL said: Documentation
    #2002 – No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server’s socket is not correctly configured).

I am guessing this is because MySQL server will not run on my computer – and I have another support logged for that issue.

Please is there anyway I can copy my local website to another computer so that I can get access to it??

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.