This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Renee 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Renee
    Participant

I’m trying to work out how to copy my local website to another computer without upgrading to the Premium service.

You have articles like Creating a Website Archive Manually or How to Move a Local Website which would seem to me (as a completely unexperienced novice) to be ways to do this but the instructions fall short in how to put the local website on another computer.

The only reason I am looking to copy/move my local website to another computer is that serverpress is no longer working on my computer and I have an unresolved support question on that issue here. And solving this problem would really be my preferred option.

I would really like some support from ServerPress, even though I am only using a basic service and not a paying premium customer.

thanks

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello Renee,

I replied to the other support request. We need to make sure MySQL is running and we can get to PHPMyAdmin to get the database. The files are on your hardrive, if you saved it to the default it would be /documents/websites/{name of site}.dev

Renee
    Participant

Hi Gregg,
    The files are on my hardrive in the default location.

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.