DesktopServer – Create locally installed WordPress Websites Forums Public Discussions Can't create export zip – Unable to write and update

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Benzakein 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

mcarv63
    Participant

Hi,

My desktop server has been working great until my last attempts to export to a zip archive. My site is 3+ gigs of content now, and I can’t export any longer. I’ve attached the error message. Please advise.

Marc Benzakein
    Keymaster

Hi There,

This sounds like an Operating System issue. Can you go to your c:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp directory and see if there is a DesktopServer directory? If there is, try to delete the directory, as it is a directory that should only be temporarily created during the export process. If you cannot delete the directory, then we need to figure out why Windows is not allowing you to do so (permissions might be set incorrectly).

Also, are you running any third party antivirus programs? Sometimes A/V programs can lock down files and directories that they see as vital. Many viruses attack the AppData directory by putting a malicious file there so it can make sense for the A/V program to lock it down.

Hope this gives you a couple of good places to start and we can go from there once you have gathered more information.

Let us know how it goes!

-marc

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.