DesktopServer – Create locally installed WordPress Websites Forums Public Discussions Blank page on .dev url and wp-admin/install.php not found

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  michael 10 months ago.

• Author

François Dejardin
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just installed desktopServer on my iMac, launch it, install a new dev website, but when i try to configure it with mysite.dev/wp-admin/install.php , i get a 404 not found error …
    Also when i browse to mysite.dev, i get a blank page…

I can see my installed website at http://localhost … but nothing else..

any idea ?

thanks

François

Gregg Franklin
    Keymaster

Hello François,

Please visit http://localhost, what do you see?

IF you see your site listed over on the right there are 3 buttons. Click the database button, this will open phpmyadmin. Are there a set of tables on the right window?

François Dejardin
    Participant

Ok,

I’ve restart the web and database servers and now i get a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    when trying to access mysite.dev …

seems to be a dns resolve issue…

any idea ?

François Dejardin
    Participant

Hi @Gregg, yes i can access localhost and phpmyadmin .. i have the wp database set up but seems to be a dns issue..

François Dejardin
    Participant

Ok,

Thanks… it seems to work now after updating site link into wp database…

regards

François

Hi,
    I’ve just installed desktopServer on my WindowXP, launch it, install a new dev website, and when i browse to mysite.dev, i get a blank page…

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

michael
    Participant

hi…

having the same problem with blank screen for initial browsing of .dev site.

local host shows 3 buttons as described by @Gregg Franklin.

when selecting the database button… pma opens up and has no data displayed for db tables. it says “No tables found in database”. the db name is there and matches the one indicated in the wp-config.php file (listed below), but no tables, no data, no nothing.

This install is wp 4.2.2 using the blueprint supplied with light version of dts

here is the db info from wp-config.php

// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘mikDBgvjp8’);

/** MySQL database username */
    define(‘DB_USER’, ‘mikDBgvjp8’);

/** MySQL database password */
    define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘yZnZntCIWQ’);

/** MySQL hostname */
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘127.0.0.1’);

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
    define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’);

/** The Database Collate type. Don’t change this if in doubt. */
    define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);

I’m running osx (10.9.5) and was planning on updating to el capitan prior to beginning of year.

I’m very confused as I used this several months ago and everything went smooth as silk on the install. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was…I have the exact same drive set up (external 2tb drive) just like I had on the previous install that worked perfectly (same drive and location)

Could this be something with the latest version that’s not configuring the db tables correctly? could this be something with the blueprint file? I’m really confused about this… especially with the ease that everything correctly configured the last time that I used this.

Hope to hear from you soon…

Thanks.

P.S…
    UPDATE: attempted to create wp site on desktop, in documents, in xamp folder within applications (under new “test” folder)… nothing has worked. all have the same results. now i’m really confused…

The forum ‘Public Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.